Tuesday, November 23, 2010

power of prayer .... and a smarty pants

{smarty pants, ads}Last week was a fun ride back to the West side.  At 5:30am, Addison gets in the shower and we start talking about twins.  She said they learned about twins in school the day before.  Addi asked Mrs. Ganem if twins had the same finger prints and Mrs. Ganem said they didn't.

Addi - "Mom, do you know there is no such thing as identical twins?"
Me - "Addi, that's not true ... you know some identical twins"
Addi - "Even identical twins don't have the same finger prints, Mom.  That means they are two different people, they are NOT identical"

- how do you argue with that??


{power of prayer}So, the motor in my driver's side window has been slowly dying.  I keep it up all the time, after it got stuck down after going through the bank drive thru and I had Heath's loaded gun in the car and errands to run ... so I had to carry around the loaded gun in my purse.  Last week, on the way to school at 6:30 and 50 degrees outside, we went through the Starbucks drive thru to get some hot chocolate.  After going through the drive thru and getting back on the road, my window wouldn't go back up.  It was freeezing!  Luckily, I brought the kids' fleece balnkets and we turned the hot air on full bast!  We get on the highway and it's miserable.  After joking about it for a while, it wasn't so funny any longer.  I continued to try to pull the window up and roll the window up, but it wasn't budging.  About 10 miles down the highway, I decide to try again.  It went straight up, with no problems.  I said, "Um, that was weird".  Logan said, "Mom, do you know why it went up?"  Me, thinking I'm going to get some mechanical, technical reason why, said, "No, why?"  He said, "I just said a prayer.  I told Heavenly Father that you don't have any money to fix the window and only have $11 in your wallet.  I told him we were freezing and asked him to please roll up the window.  As soon as I said Amen, it went up".  I was sooo touched!  Logan has always been known in the family, for having his prayers answered.  He's such a special, sweet boy!  I am so honored to be his Mommy.

No comments: