Sunday, March 01, 2009

tagged

I was tagged by my sweet friend Darby! Thanks Darby, I do love these tags!!

Where's what you do -
Go to your pictures and choose the 6th folder, then the 6th picture. Now tell us about it and tag 6 more friends!

I choose:
Sarah P
Sarah H
Jen W
Shelly C
Jeni N
Maria T



This was my 6th picture in my 6th folder - this picture is taken from Addi's first field trip in November. She was sooo excited. I was too. I wasn't too sure I'd ever see this day come. I actually posted this picture back in November ... here's what I posted about this field trip:

Dearest Addi,
It was about this time of year 4 years ago when me, Uma, Papa and Uncle Curtiss stood over your hospital bed. You were bloated beyond recognition and unconscious with a fever of 107. Tubes down your nose and out your back. You had several IV's. As the hospital was preparing for a helicopter to come pick you up, I asked the doctor if you would even make it through the helicopter ride to the Bay Area. A doctor, I've known since I was a little girl, looked at me with tears in her eyes and told me, "I can't give you false hope, Jenny."

Today you had TWO firsts!! Your first time on a school bus and your first field trip. You are so disappointed that I cannot come with you today. I am too. We would have fun together - we always do. You could hardly sleep last night, you were so excited for today; just like you are on Christmas Eve. As I watched you interact with the kids in your class, I was in awe of the friends you have made. A little girl in your class made you a book of why she likes you. You gave her a hug and thanked her, then read the book in front of her to show you how much you cared about her gift. Then I stood in the back of the classroom while I watched you place your hand over your heart as you said the Pledge of Allegiance. Gosh, you're so grown up now!

I am so thankful I got to share these firsts with you today, I never thought these days would come. I had tears in my eyes as I watched you take those steps onto that school bus ... without me. I am so thankful for you; the example you are to me of strength and pure happiness. You are my favorite red head and one of my best friends! I hope you have fun today. I can't wait to see you this afternoon and hear all about your first field trip and ride on a school bus!

Thanks for being my daughter, Additude!
notes on your lunch bag -- a little tradition we have -- when I was in school, Papa used to make my lunches - I'd always have a note to read at lunch you love your notes ... I'm glad you do.

Someday I know you'll ask me to stop writing them you have an awesome class! there you go ... YAY for you! Have fun!!
Love, Mom

No comments: