Tuesday, August 09, 2011

long time ... no post

Oh my word!  I can't believe it's been so darn long since my last post.  A lot has happened since July 7.

We finally sent out "we moved" announcements and used a picture of us, in front of our new home, with American flags since our fave holiday is the Fourth.  We had just got done moving so we were all exhausted!!!  But, it's "us".  Ha!

In mid-July, I did a sisters photo shoot with a co worker ... a surprise for their mom! 

Myles came over for a weekend and the boys set up ALL of their Matchbox cars, on the waterfall, to "display" them for their website.  Such fun!  Heath had fun turning on the waterfall so all of the cars would fall into the pool.  I was worried the boys would be upset {especially Logan} but they thought it was hilarious and fun to dive for the cars at the bottom of the pool.

Me and Logan went on a "date" to the skate park.  Logan is getting so good and his jumps are getting more and more air each time.  I am so proud of him and love going to the skate park with him {when it's not 110 degrees outside, of course}  ha ha

I also worked on a project ... my first spray paint project.  I looove this bright yellow! 

So ... here's a crazy story ... I was looking on craigslist for some antique "stuff" for photoshoots and I came across an ad of someone selling an old treddle sewing machine.  I took a peek at the ad and the machine looked just like the one I have from my aunt.  It was just sitting on the side of my house with cobb webs and I just don't have the money to get it restored so I figured I'd offer this person my machine.  All he had to do was come pick it up and it was all his.  I wasn't sure what else to do with it and thought someone else could get some good use out of it, since it was just sitting on the side of my home.  Get this ... this man {Gary} came to pick up the machine and was shocked to see this old machine; the oldest machine he's ever seen and said it was in such good shape.  Guess how old this machine is....?  It was made in 1888 ... yeah ... ONE HUNDRED & TWENTY THREE YEARS OLD!!!!!  He was so excited to have the machine and opprotunity to restore it so I made him a deal - he restores it and lets me know when he's done, then give me the first chance to buy it back from him.  He's been sending pictures of the machine, as he's restoring it and giving me some history lessons about it, too!  He's a sweet old man.  Here are some before pictures that I sent to him, before I had even met him.  To me, this story is so touching.  Like it was meant to be.

Gosh!  I feel like so much more has happened ... but I guess I haven't been taking many pictures. 

We are still in the middle of our court battle with Logan & Addison's dad.  Our next court date is Sept. 21.  We got the report back from the Custody Evaluator and her recommendation was for Jake & Ryan to move back to MN, with their father.  {the evaluator was hired for Jake & Ryan's case, but me Logan and Addison were interviewed as well}  Jake and Ryan's dad had court today and it took so long, they will continue in October.  While reading the report, I got so angry with the lies.  It was sickening the things that were said about me and who I supposedly am.  I am looking forward to shooting each one of the allegations down in a few weeks.

This week we have the Brimhall Family Reunion in Show Low, then the kiddos start school on August 15.  The summer went by way too fast and the temps are still over 100, so it seems so odd for school to be starting back up.  Growing up in California, school always started after Labor Day.

I was reading an article on a fellow photog's blog and she referrenced an awesome foundation called Tiny Light {you can see their webiste here}.  The Tiny Light "hires" photographers to volunteer some time to take photos of a family who recently found out that their lives would be changed forever and possibly have a limited time with their loved one (child).  Such an amazing opprotunity so I decided that I will soon apply - yes, apply - for the opprotunity to participate in such an amazing experience.

I have also been inspired to run another 1/2 marathon.  This one will be in November and it is to benefit women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  I have been religiously working out over the past year (or so) and feel like I am in the best shape I have been in, in years!  I set out for a short, 4 mile run, the other morning and before I knew it ... I had gone 5.10 miles and I still wasn't close to home.  By the time I got back into our drive way, it was a round trip of 6.10 miles.  I ended up walking the last mile.  I was pretty darn tired and didn't take water, so my hands were pretty swollen.  At 6am, it was already 88 degrees.  Sheesh!  I think I'm in pretty good shape to be ready by Nov. 6, for the 13.1 miles!!

Phew ... well ... that's an update for now.  I will do better at taking pictures and documenting what we're up to and post often!

Please keep our sweet lil family in your thoughts as we continue going through this difficult time in life.

No comments: