Monday, September 12, 2011

a school project and some lunch box notes

So, I pick up the munchkins from school last week and Addi says, "Mom, I have a project due tomorrow for my HEAT Reading class and since you're a photograpgher, I waited to come to your house so you can do it and I can have the best project in the class!"  {HEAT Reading is the advanced reading class she attends each day}

We started on the project AS SOON AS WE GOT HOME since the sun was going down quickly and it was an overcast day.

[the project]
To depict (with some sort of images; drawing, photographs) that represent a character in the book, 'Steward Little'.  The kids have a box, with a slit in the top and the images are to be glued around the box.  Each student will go around and write down which character they think the images represents.

[the character and his characteristics]
half eaten cracker - doesn't finish things he starts
raking yard - helps his parents
snuggling with sarge - loving
logan drowning - gets distracted easily
holding weight - strong
running shoes - keeps busy
ring - helps his mom get her ring from the drain

For the life of me, I can't remember which character this is.  Addi was told to "think outside of the box" and I think she succeded!  I love this lil girl.  She's so creative and smart! I'm so flattered she asked me to do this project with her.

[disclaimer]
excuse the horrible outfit ... her step mom isn't the most fashionable person!





I found an awesome website with templates for lunch box notes.  I tweaked 'em a little so they match the kids' personalities.  They loved getting a surprise note in their lunch/daily binder.  I had fun doing them, too!

No comments: