Tuesday, January 25, 2011

music in the home

My parents "forced" piano lessons from when I was 8 until ... Jr. High.  My teacher - Sister Karen Bayless.  I must have been her most frustrating student.  My favorite memory was playing Joplin's 'The Entertainer', 4 hands with Sister Bayless.  It was a special surprise for my Dad.  We played it at my last recital.  My Dad loves Scott Joplin's music.  I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is to have my childhood piano, in my house and have Addi playing it.  Last week, before unpacking any boxes, Addi and Heath sat down and played the piano together.  Amazing!!!! 



2 comments:

jenncarlson said...

Hi Jenn!
Did you bring the piano to AZ from CA? Just wondering. We are trying to get my Grandma's piano out to AZ from CA....This makes my heart smile to see the photos! :)

jenn goodman said...

Hey girlie! When we went to Turlock, for Thanksgiving, we rented an enclosed Uhaul trailor and strapped it to the rails inside the trailor. It traveled just fine. :) I love having it in our home. Aren't Heath and Addi so adorable with their pj's and glasses on? LOVE IT!!!!